Engineering Grade Stripe Safety Retro-Reflective Tape
WOD RTCS5 is primarily designed for permanent and temporary traffic signage and features an enclosed lens retroreflective urethane film coated with a permanent acrylic adhesive, wound on a 5 mil White polyethylene coated paper release liner. Consists of highly reflective powder (glass beads) that reflects light back to the source.
WOD RTCS5 Application surface should be flat (not curved or tubular). Also, it is not designed to adhere to unpainted stainless steel surfaces. Stripe Reflective Tape is used for safety applications and is primarily designed for permanent and temporary traffic signage. It is a striped polyester/vinyl tape coated with an acrylic adhesive.
Use to help prevent accidental damage to shelves/racks, loading docks and warehouse poles. Diagonal stripes on the tape are approximately 2-7/8" long (measured along the side edge of the roll). Rolls typically come with a yellow protective wrapping around them for shipping. The adhesive has a dwell time of 24 hours, but reaches 75% of its adhesiveness after 15 minutes
Tape is Available in 2 Vibrant Colors
Red/White - Black/Yellow
- For work zone devices and non-critical signs where retroreflection is necessary
- For permanent and temporary traffic signage
- For Trade show booths, Crafts, Displays and pictures, Nameplates, Interchangeable graphics, Presentation boards
Photos of RTCS5 are taken with a flash camera in order to show the reflectivity of the tape; the colors of the tape will be much darker if a high intensity light source (like the flash from a camera or car headlights) are not being directed at the tape.
- Adhesive: Acrylic
- Carrier/Backing: polyester/vinyl
- Release Liner: poly-coated yellow Kraft paper
- Thickness: 5 mils (carrier, adhesive)
- Adhesion: 50 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 10 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Application Temperature: 41°F (minimum)
- Service/Operating Temperature: 41°F to 176°FSpecification Met: Federal specifications LS-300C (Reflectivity 1, Class 1) and FP-85 (Type II)
- Core: 3" Diameter
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.