Polyester Splicing & Printed Circuit Board Tape
WOD PFT30BS is a 1 mil polyester film with 2 mils of silicone adhesive. Resists fumes and chemicals, and leaves minimum residue on removal. Allows visibility of circuitry after masking. Film will not break or split during application or removal. A protective tape, designed to perform well in all phases of masking operations during printed circuit board production. Industry standard plater’s tape. Protects surfaces from splashes and chemical fumes in tin/ lead stripping and gold tab plating.
- Used for splicing silicone coated paper and films
- Used as an outer wrap on coils, capacitors, motors, and transformers
- Masking in electroplating, anodizing, and PC boards.
- Adhesive: Silicone
- Carrier/Backing: polyester (PET) film
- Thickness: 3 mils (carrier, adhesive)
- Adhesion: 30 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 25 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: Up to 220°C (350°F) (for 30 min.)
- Elongation: 90%
- Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: Ideal 9190; Scapa 581; Permacel P-377; St. Gobain M741; 3M 8951.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.