Double Sided Clear Foam Ultra High Bond Tape
WOD DCFAUHB40C Ultra High Bond Double Coated Tape is constructed of a clear foamed acrylic system which has excellent all around bonding properties which allows for very high performance in the most demanding of applications. Used in the manufacture of laminated safety glass and hurricane impact glass. Bonding, sealing and fixing of shower screens, cubicle glass and plastic, glass display cabinets, refrigerated cabinets for supermarkets and chilled drink cabinets. The pressure sensitive acrylic composition has very good tack; has excellent adhesion to a variety of surfaces; and has high shear strength performance. Tape is carried on a red, release coated polyethylene liner that is easily removed. It conforms well to a variety of both indoor and outdoor applications and is chemical, UV and solvent resistant.
WOD DCFAUHB40C Tape will bond to most surfaces including many plastics, composites, sealed woods and metals; however thorough evaluation is recommended when bonding to low energy surface material such as Polyethylene, Polypropylene, silicones and Teflon. For lower energy surfaces may need to use an adhesive promoter/primer such as IPA (isopropanol) on the substrate prior to application.
- After removing release liner, be careful not to contaminate acrylic adhesive. Immediately bond tape to surface without trapping air between the tape and the surface.
- Application pressure should be a minimum of 15 pounds per inch of tape width to achieve maximum bond strength.
- Dwell time (time that tape must be in contact with both surfaces before it reaches maximum adhesion) is 1 to 24 hours.
- Commonly used in applications across a variety of markets including transportation, appliance, electronics, construction, sign and display and general industrial
- Used in applications to join transparent material or where clear or colorless tape is preferred
- Mounting, bonding and sealing of illuminated displays, signage, laminated safety glass, shower screens and glass displays.
- Used in the manufacture of laminated safety glass and hurricane impact glass.
- Great for Cost-Effective Attachment of Lightweight Trim and Moldings
- Used as a mounting tape in the illuminated sign industry, for fabricating road signs, joining of metals and plastic trims in furniture construction and architectural applications.
- Designed for High Adhesion to a Range of Automotive Surfaces
- Replacing rivets, spot welds, liquid adhesives and other permanent fasteners
- Ideal for applications requiring conformability and where thermal expansion differences are of concern.
- Designed for Attaching a Range of Trim and Components to Rigid Clear Coat Systems
- Suitable for use with attaching plastic snow guards to metal roofs.
- Adhesive: Ultra high bond acrylic
- Carrier/Backing: Foamed acrylic
- Release Liner: Red polyethylene film
- Thickness: 39.4 mils (carrier, adhesive)
- Adhesion: 96 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 100 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -40°F to 194°F
- Short Term Temperature Resistance: up to 302°F
- Dynamic Shear Strength: 70 pounds per square inch
- Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: 3M 4910; Hi-Bond 4100C; ORABOND 3599.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.