Double Sided Gray Foam Ultra High Bond Tape
WOD DCFAUHB25E Ultra High Bond Double Coated Tape is constructed of a gray foamed acrylic system which has excellent all around bonding properties which establishes exceptional holding power and long-lasting adhesion for fast, strong results. The tape is ideal for structural bonding applications to mount/fix car side molding and emblems. Used as a mounting tape in the illuminated sign industry, for fabricating road signs, joining of metals and plastic trims in furniture construction and architectural applications. The pressure sensitive acrylic composition has very good tack; has excellent adhesion to a variety of surfaces; and has high shear strength performance. Tape is carried on a red, release coated polyethylene liner that is easily removed. It conforms well to a variety of both indoor and outdoor applications and is chemical, UV and solvent resistant.
WOD DCFAUHB25E Tape will bond to most surfaces including many plastics, composites, sealed woods and metals; however thorough evaluation is recommended when bonding to low energy surface material such as Polyethylene, Polypropylene, silicones and Teflon. For lower energy surfaces may need to use an adhesive promoter/primer such as IPA (isopropanol) on the substrate prior to application.
WOD DCFAUHB25E Tape utilizes multi-purpose acrylic adhesive on both sides of a conformable, foam core. The combination of strength, conformability and adhesion makes this family one of the most capable and well-rounded WOD UHB Tapes. Also, Tape offers a durable bond in a way that mechanical fasteners can't. This tape enhances the appearance of finished goods by eliminating rivets and screws while providing immediate handling strength. In most cases, fastening with WOD UHB Tape is a quicker process than drilling, fastening, or using liquid adhesive. Our versatile line of tapes can be used indoors or outdoors in a variety of applications, including window, door and sign assembly, electronics, construction and countless other industrial applications. Chemically resistant as well as UV and temperature stable, WOD UHB Tape can withstand the heat of Dubai to the cold of Canada. The unique acrylic chemistry is extremely durable and resistant to change over time, making this a long-lasting and powerful tape you can trust. It is specifically designed for good adhesion to metals, glass and other medium to high surface energy materials. This trusted and reliable tape offers a consistent bond, outstanding durability and excellent solvent and moisture resistance. WOD stands by all of its products and is there to provide you with design guidance and technical support when you need it.
- After removing release liner, be careful not to contaminate acrylic adhesive. Immediately bond tape to surface without trapping air between the tape and the surface.
- Application pressure should be a minimum of 15 pounds per inch of tape width to achieve maximum bond strength.
- Dwell time (time that tape must be in contact with both surfaces before it reaches maximum adhesion) is 1 to 24 hours.
- Commonly used in applications across a variety of markets including transportation, appliance, electronics, construction, sign and display and general industrial
- Bonding of metal furniture, cabinets, lockers, plastic extrusion fixing.
- Effective at bonding and sealing polycarbonate lens over LCD
- Used as a mounting tape in the illuminated sign industry, for fabricating road signs, joining of metals and plastic trims in furniture construction and architectural applications.
- For stiffener bonding, sealing polycarbonate lens over LCD, windows to painted control panels and mounting vinyl wiring ducts and conduit channels.
- Replacing rivets, spot welds, liquid adhesives and other permanent fasteners
- Ideal for applications requiring conformability and where thermal expansion differences are of concern.
- Skyscrapers, cell phones, electronic highway signs, refrigerators, architectural windows and more all rely on this specialty bonding tape for one or more steps in the assembly, mounting, fastening and sealing process.
- Adhesive: Ultra high bond acrylic
- Carrier/Backing: Foamed acrylic
- Release Liner: Red polyethylene film
- Thickness: 25.2 mils (carrier, adhesive)
- Adhesion: 120 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 108 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -40°F to 212°F
- Short Term Temperature Resistance: up to 320°F
- Dynamic Shear Strength: 102 pounds per square inch
- Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: 3M 4936, 4936F, 4919F, 5925, 4929, 4646, RP25; Hi-Bond 6064G; ORABOND 3594.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.