Double Sided Clear Foam Ultra High Bond Tape
WOD DCFAUHB10C Ultra High Bond Double Coated Tape is constructed of a clear foamed acrylic system which has excellent all around bonding properties which establishes exceptional holding power and long-lasting adhesion for fast, strong results. The tape is ideal for structural bonding applications to mount/fix car side molding and emblems. Used as a mounting tape in the illuminated sign industry, for fabricating road signs, joining of metals and plastic trims in furniture construction and architectural applications. The pressure sensitive acrylic composition has very good tack; has excellent adhesion to a variety of surfaces; and has high shear strength performance. Tape is carried on a red, release coated polyethylene liner that is easily removed. It conforms well to a variety of both indoor and outdoor applications and is chemical, UV and solvent resistant.
WOD DCFAUHB10C Tape will bond to most surfaces including many plastics, composites, sealed woods and metals; however thorough evaluation is recommended when bonding to low energy surface material such as Polyethylene, Polypropylene, silicones and Teflon. For lower energy surfaces may need to use an adhesive promoter/primer such as IPA (isopropanol) on the substrate prior to application.
- After removing release liner, be careful not to contaminate acrylic adhesive. Immediately bond tape to surface without trapping air between the tape and the surface.
- Application pressure should be a minimum of 15 pounds per inch of tape width to achieve maximum bond strength.
- Dwell time (time that tape must be in contact with both surfaces before it reaches maximum adhesion) is 1 to 24 hours.
- Used as a mounting tape in the illuminated sign industry, for fabricating road signs, joining of metals and plastic trims in furniture construction and architectural applications.
- Used for Structural and general bonding including body panels, emblems, illuminated displays and signage
- Provides solutions such as industrial joining and metal fabrication
- Replacing rivets, spot welds, liquid adhesives and other permanent fasteners
- Bonding flexible printed circuits (FPC) to aluminum stiffener or heat sinks
- Commonly used for attaching components to exterior surfaces of aircraft; such as scuff strips and lightening protection antennas
- Adhesive: Ultra high bond acrylic
- Carrier/Backing: Foamed acrylic
- Release Liner: Red polyethylene film
- Thickness: 9.8 mils (carrier, adhesive)
- Adhesion: 101 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 107 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -40°F to 302°F
- Short Term Temperature Resistance: up to 482°F
- Dynamic Shear Strength: 85 pounds per square inch
- Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: 3M 9473; Hi-Bond 4025C; ORABOND 3596.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.