Double Sided Polyethylene Foam Tape
WOD DCPFT125A Double Coated 1/8" Foam Tape is a closed cell cross-linked polyethylene foam tape coated on both sided with a high performance solvent based acrylic adhesive. Excellent quick-stick sealing with high shear properties for efficient operation and secure bonding. Good resistance to humidity, mild acids, oil and grease. Excellent conformability and compressibility. Adheres well to textured and irregular surfaces. The acrylic adhesive system is recommended for outdoor applications due to its higher temperature, UV, weather, chemical and plasticizer resistance.
Speed up the mounting process and achieve a more aesthetically pleasing installation with WOD Double Coated Polyethylene Foam Tape DCPFT125A. The polyethylene foam tape is known for its high ultimate adhesion and reliable performance across many surfaces. One of its noted features is its ability to conform to irregular substrates. It provides high ultimate adhesion to many plastics and is formulated for demanding indoor and outdoor general purpose mounting and bonding applications. Common uses include automotive mirror bonding, decorative trim, nameplates and other general purpose mounting applications.
- Surfaces must be clean and free of oil, grease, moisture, dust and dirt. Isopropyl alcohol is good for cleaning the surface. Do not remove liner until tape is in proper position.
- Avoid touching adhesive surface before application. The adhesive is intended for positioning during the assembly process. The foam tape is secured in the joint by compression of the adjacent substrates.
- The application temperature should be between 40°F and 125°F (4°C to 52°C)
- Great choice for interior and exterior mounting applications
- Use in applications where moisture resistance is required
- Point-of-purchase displays and signs
- Used for mounting:
- Plastic strips
- Small die cast parts
- Used for sound and vibration dampening:
- Business machines
- Industrial equipment
- Electronic component packaging
- Glass panel mounts
- Adhesive: Solvent Based Acrylic
- Carrier/Backing: Cross-linked irradiated cellular polyethylene foam
- Release Liner: 50 # white bi-siliconized paper
- Thickness: 1/8" inch (carrier, adhesive)
- Adhesion (1 min.): 27 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Adhesion (24 hrs.): 46 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -4°F to 194°F
- Density: 3 pounds per cubic foot
- Shear: 168+ hours @ 1kg psi
- Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative To: Venture 608, 708; Scapa SR508V; Int’l Tape 308, 108; IPG 8108; Press-on P-3200R/A; Arlon 10C, 103.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.