Industrial Grade High Temperature Aluminum Foil Glass Cloth Tape
[WOD] High Temp Glass Cloth Tape (GCAFT87) is a thin tape that combines glass cloth with a laminate of aluminum foil. It provides high strength and reflectivity with excellent flexibility. The fiberglass cloth side is coated with a transparent, high temperature resistant silicone adhesive. This product will withstand moderate grit blasting, is non-corrosive, and flame retardant (will not burn under open flame / extreme temperature exposure).
[WOD] Aluminum Foil Fiberglass Cloth Tape (GCAFT87) can be used as a masking tape in plasma spray applications, seaming and repair of heat and flame barrier curtains, securing thermal insulation on heating and ventilation ducts, protecting and shielding various missile and aircraft components such as control cables, harnesses and fuel lines. It prevents build-up of liquid metal on surfaces that must be protected.
- Protect fuel lines, wiring harnesses, and components.
- Primarily used in aerospace and critical applications. Extremely high temperature tape.
- Bundle wire harnesses and help protect sensitive cables and flexible tubes from heat, flame sources and wear
- For use as a protective wrap for heat sensitive cables and other instruments exposed to movement and vibration in the automotive industry
- Heat reflective wrap over insulation cables, instruments or other high temperature sensitive materials
- Used to protect the air inlet sensor wires
- Used to cover some built-in holes in a grill lid
- Adhesive: Silicone
- Carrier/Backing: Aluminum foil, fiberglass cloth
- Thickness: 8.7 mils (carrier, adhesive)
- Adhesion: 43 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 72 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Elongation: 11%
- Specification Met: T-MIL 83284, ASTM D1000, ASTM 149, JIS Z0237, FAR 25.853, meets EU NO.1907/2006 REACH requirement
- Service/Operating Temperature: -94°F to 500°F
- Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: TLC 955; 3M 363 & 3633; Permacel P-100; Scapa 290; Dewal 407; St. Gobain/Furon 2925-7; Bondtec P727.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.