Double Sided Window Glazing PE Foam Tape
WOD WGT06P Window Glazing Tape is a double-sided PE foam tape which is designed specifically for window glazing and is American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) certified. Glazing tape is typically used during the installation process to prevent wind and water from entering by creating the inside seal between the insulated glass panel and the window sash/box. Other uses include mounting of emblems, nameplates, plastic strips and mirrors.
The foam used for WOD WGT06P Window Glazing Tape is a high performance closed cell cross-linked polyethylene which is coated on both sides with a high-performance solvent-based acrylic adhesive. The adhesive system is formulated to bond with glass, wood, and aluminum substrates with quick stick, high peel adhesion, and a very good strength.
WOD WGT06P double-sided window glazing tape has outstanding resistance to weather needed for outdoor applications. It has a superior seal against dust and moisture due to its flexible, soft foam. The easy peel poly liner allows for continuous and complete liner removal during window glazing applications (creating the seal between the insulated glass panel and window sash which helps prevent air and water leakage). Glazing tape is a cleaner and more convenient option over glazing putty and other messy or more difficult to apply products.
- Surfaces must be clean and free of oil, grease, moisture, dust and dirt. Isopropyl alcohol is good for cleaning the surface. Do not remove liner until tape is in proper position.
- Avoid touching adhesive surface before application. The adhesive is intended for positioning during the assembly process. The foam tape is secured in the joint by compression of the adjacent substrates.
- The application temperature should be between 40°F and 125°F (4°C to 52°C)
- Absorbs shocks, cushions, deadens sound and eliminates excess vibration providing an excellent buffer between contact surfaces
- Use in applications requiring positive seals on irregular surfaces or when flex and conformability to seal tight radius curves are critical considerations
- Used to make a long life seal against air, moisture, light and dust penetration
- For insulation in thermal, electrical and sound applications
- For mounting mirrors, nameplates, plastic strips, small die cast parts, maps, and more
- Used for reducing the sound and vibration in electronic and industrial equipment
- For Sealing Bus/truck, water tank, duct, appliance, parapets roof, and export container
- Used extensively in the automotive, HVAC, and construction industries to provide air & weather tight seals; for gasketing, cushioning, vibration control in speakers, vehicles, electronic components, door frames, and more
- Fill and seal gaps around doors, windows and car or SUV tops for better insulation
Adhesive: Solvent Based Acrylic
Carrier/Backing: Closed cell cross-linked polyethylene foam
Release Liner: Blue polyolefin film
Thickness: 1/16" inch (carrier, adhesive)
Adhesion (1 min.): 55 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
Adhesion (24 hrs.): 73 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
Service/Operating Temperature: -22°F to 212°F
Short Term Temperature Resistance: up to 266°F
Density: 13 to 17 pounds per cubic foot
Specification Met: AAMA-certified testing and approved
Core: 3" Diameter
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.