Single Side Self Adhesive PVC Foam Weatherstrip Seal Tape
WOD SSMDFT Single Coated Foam Tape is a medium density, closed cell PVC foam tape in thicknesses of 1/16, 1/8, 3/16, or 1/4 inches. It is a general purpose foam tape coated on one side with a high performance acrylic adhesive. The adhesive on this single-sided foam product is on the exposed side of the tape when you unwind it from the roll; the release liner is pulled away from the non-adhesive side of the tape. Good combination of flexibility and conformability with strength & wear resistance. Also has excellent weatherability, chemical, fungi, and oxidation resistance. Used in applications requiring positive seals on irregular surfaces or when flexibility and conformability to seal tight radius curves are critical considerations.
WOD SSMDFT Foam Tape is used extensively in the automotive, HVAC and construction industries to provide air & weather tight seals; for gasketing, cushioning, vibration control in speakers, vehicles, electronic components and door frames. Also for filling and sealing gaps around windows, doors, and car/SUV tops for better insulation. It is a clean, waste free substitute for liquid sealants. Please make note that this a closed cell foam product (to compress it 25%); it is not soft like an open cell foam product would be. It also complies with European RoHS directive 2002/95/BC.
- Surfaces must be clean and free of oil, grease, moisture, dust and dirt. Isopropyl alcohol is good for cleaning the surface. Do not remove liner until tape is in proper position.
- Avoid touching adhesive surface before application. The adhesive is intended for positioning during the assembly process. The foam tape is secured in the joint by compression of the adjacent substrates.
- The application temperature should be between 40°F and 125°F (4°C to 52°C)
- Absorbs shocks, cushions, deadens sound and eliminates excess vibration providing an excellent buffer between contact surfaces
- Use in applications requiring positive seals on irregular surfaces or when flex and conformability to seal tight radius curves are critical considerations
- Used to make a long life seal against air, moisture, light and dust penetration
- For insulation in thermal, electrical and sound applications.
- Easy to install for windows or doors to Seal out drafts and humidity, and Keep out dust, insects and pollen
- For Sealing Bus/truck, water tank, duct, appliance, parapets roof, and export container
- Used extensively in the automotive, HVAC, and construction industries to provide air & weather tight seals; for gasketing, cushioning, vibration control in speakers, vehicles, electronic components, door frames, and more
- Fill and seal gaps around doors, windows and car or SUV tops for better insulation
Carrier/Backing: Medium density closed cell PVC foam
Release Liner: White siliconized paper
Thickness: 1/16" inch (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
Adhesion: >12 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
Tensile Strength: >45 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
Service/Operating Temperature: -4°F to 176°F
Density: 13 to 17 pounds per cubic foot
Force to compress 25%: 6.5 psi for 1/16" thick up to 9.5 psi for 1/4" thick
Compression deflection (dependent on thickness): 4.0 to 6.0 psi
Specification Met: European RoHS directive 2002/95/BC
Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: Norton V760; Gaska V1110 and V1510; Novagard HD series.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.