Skived PTFE Film Silicone Adhesive Tape
Our skived film backing provides good conformability when unwound from the roll compared to typical extruded PTFE film tapes. We developed this tape as a quick and easy solution to reduce friction between moving surfaces. It functions as an anti-stick or easy-release medium between surfaces where pressure, temperature changes and other factors may create a measure of adhesion. Applying WOD PTFE Skived Film Tape SPTFE10 can help improve surface movement, eliminate squeaks and rattles, and reduce machine noise. PTFE is chemical resistant and can be used as a temporary chemical barrier. The tape has a wide temperature use range, from -100°F/-73°C to 500°F/260°C, making it suitable in a wide variety of applications.
WOD SPTFE10 Skived Teflon Tape is a 10 mil pure skived Teflon™ (PTFE film) tape with a high temperature silicone adhesive. It comes self-wound without a liner. Used in electrical applications such as harness / coil wraps & separators, transformers and slot liners where good insulation and heat resistance are required.
WOD SPTFE10 is used in mechanical applications such as heat sealing bars & jaws, labeling machine pressure pads, chute liners, anti-friction devices, bearings, forming dies, aircraft mold release & guide rails where high temperature, maximum slip and lubricity are required. High elongation permits tight wrapping and conforms to sharp bends/irregular surfaces.
Skived Film Tape SPTFE10 uses a skived, polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), conformable film backing. This tape offers an extremely low coefficient of friction which, in combination with a pressure sensitive silicone adhesive, creates a smooth, non-stick surface over a variety of substrates to assist in the movement of web materials in many types of roll-wrap applications.
- Used for Squeak and noise reduction, Shielding and protecting against chemicals, and Mold release for composite bonding
- Used in mechanical applications such as heat sealing bars & jaws, labeling machine pressure pads, chute liners, anti-friction devices, bearings, forming dies, aircraft mold release & guide rails where high temperature, maximum slip, and lubricity are required.
- Used in electrical applications such as harness/coil wraps & separators, transformers & slot liners where good insulation & heat resistance are required.
- Anti-stick tape for wrapping rollers, plates, belts or other parts where buildup can occur.
- Used primarily in electrical appliances such as coil wraps and separators, transformer, slot liners and harness wrapping where good insulation and heat resistance are needed
- Used in mechanical applications requiring high temperature resistance and a non-stick surface such as roll protection in flat die extrusion.
- Used as an excellent release surface on packaging equipment and heat sealing machine, roll coverings on plastic extruders, guide rails, and angle bars in the graphic arts industry
- used wherever a slick surface is needed to speed up the movement of materials or reduce equipment wear. It is also receommended for use as a bearing surface.
Adhesive: Silicone How are adhesives different?
Carrier/Backing: polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) film / pure skived Teflon
Thickness: 11.5 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
Adhesion: 55 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
Tensile Strength: 60 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
Dielectric Strength: 20,000 volts
Service/Operating Temperature: -100°F to 500°F
Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: Permacel P424; DeWal 204-10; Saint Gobain 2045-10; Taconic 6115-10
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.