Low Density Polyethylene Film Tape
WOD LDPFT-7R-UV Shrink Wrap Tape can be used for short-term temporary taping edges of shrink wrap to a boat's hull (please always test first with your specific paint or varnish). For longer term marine storage please look at preservation tape such as WOD LDPFT-7R. Also used by auto salvage and reclamation yards. It has a polyethylene film and rubber based adhesive. UV protected for prolonged exposure to sunlight (has excellent durability & is solvent and moisture resistance).
Shrink Wrap Tape is coated with a specially-designed adhesive which eliminates residue even after extended periods of exposure (also repositionable). It is also conformable so it adheres to rough surfaces and is also easy to unwind. Shrink Wrap Tape is used to seam shrink wrap film sheeting together; patch holes in shrink wrap; secure waste disposal bags; and to hold doors in place. It is also used for stucco & plaster masking and other outdoor masking applications where UV resistance is required.
Tape is Available in 2 Vibrant Colors
White - Red
- Greenhouse Repair Tape
- Ideal for polyethylene splicing or seaming in construction applications.
- Protective overlaminate & patching where a highly conformable and clear material is required.
- Excellent moisture barrier that Conforms well to irregular surfaces
- Designed for masking of windows and doors in stucco applications.
- Provides strong bond but still removes cleanly from most surfaces.
- Great for general protection against moisture, UV, chemicals, solvents, and abrasion.
Adhesive: Synthetic rubber
Carrier/Backing: Low density polyethylene (LDPE) film
Thickness: 7 mils (carrier, adhesive)
Adhesion: 60 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
Tensile Strength: 18 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: Scapa 234, Berry Plastics Red Baron Polyken 824 & 836; Permacel 224LB; Cantech 250.
Note: Clean removability is dependent upon dwell time, the conditions/temperature of exposure, surfaces, etc. Should be thoroughly tested in the specific application.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.