Glass Cloth Electrical Silicone Adhesive Thermal Spray Masking Tape
WOD GCMT76 OEM Glass Cloth Electrical Pressure Sensitive Tape is coated with silicone adhesive and is conformable, printable, and chemical & solvent resistant. White glass cloth tape with a high-temperature thermosetting silicone adhesive. The thermosetting adhesive provides an increased bond once applied in areas of high ambient temperatures.
WOD GCMT76 Tape is UL approval insulation recognized for continuous use up to 200°C Class H. It conforms to Military Specification No. MIL-I-19166C. Designed for use in strategic area masking of areas in thermal and plasma spray applications. Used for insulation of electrical apparatus, coil wrap, and for sealing and bundling of non-electrical applications where flame retardancy or high heat resistance is required (e.g. welding).
- Edge-tear resistant conformable, high-temperature flame resistant
- For use as a coil cover, anchor, banding and core, layer and crossover insulation
- Reinsulating and repairing coils on mining machines
- Securing Scotch 77 Fire Retardant Electric Arc Proofing Tape
- Insulating Class ‘H’ dry-type transformer leads.
- Insulating electric and induction type furnace power supply leads.
- Securing high temperature, non-PSA insulations (such as asbestos and glass) in high temperature areas.
- Replacing 3M 27 Glass Cloth Electrical Tape in locations where a higher-temperature tape is needed.
- Reinforcing insulation in electrical installations where heavy loads cause high heat and breakdown of original insulation (e.g. motor control exciter feeds).
- Splicing silicone-covered glass wire where splices require more abrasion resistance and mechanical strength than can be provided by silicone tapes.
Adhesive: Silicone How are adhesives different?
Carrier/Backing: Glass Cloth
Thickness: 7.6 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
Adhesion: 35 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
Tensile Strength: 140 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
Specification Met: MIL-I-19166C Type 7; UL510 Insulation Class: 200C Class H
Service/Operating Temperature: -100°F to 500°F
Dielectric Strength: 3500 volts
Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: TLC 907; 3M 69 & 361; T&F 3807; Greenbelt 160-5S; Permacel P212; IPG 4618 & RG48; Taconic 6605-07D-NL; Ideal IT-7300; St. Gobain/Furon 2915-7, G565 & G561; Chemfab 340-TS; Lanmar 715-7; Bondtec 832TH; Nitto 185; Scapa C401; AFC 380-07S; Dewal 469.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.