Double Sided Clear Foam Ultra High Bond Tape
WOD DCFAUHB20C Ultra High Bond Double Coated Tape is constructed of a clear foamed acrylic system which has excellent all around bonding properties which establishes exceptional holding power and long-lasting adhesion for fast, strong results. The tape is ideal for structural bonding applications to mount/fix car side molding and emblems. Used as a mounting tape in the illuminated sign industry, for fabricating road signs, joining of metals and plastic trims in furniture construction and architectural applications. The pressure sensitive acrylic composition has very good tack; has excellent adhesion to a variety of surfaces; and has high shear strength performance. Tape is carried on a red, release coated polyethylene liner that is easily removed. It conforms well to a variety of both indoor and outdoor applications and is chemical, UV and solvent resistant.
WOD DCFAUHB20C Tape will bond to most surfaces including many plastics, composites, sealed woods and metals; however thorough evaluation is recommended when bonding to low energy surface material such as Polyethylene, Polypropylene, silicones and Teflon. For lower energy surfaces may need to use an adhesive promoter/primer such as IPA (isopropanol) on the substrate prior to application.
- After removing release liner, be careful not to contaminate acrylic adhesive. Immediately bond tape to surface without trapping air between the tape and the surface.
- Application pressure should be a minimum of 15 pounds per inch of tape width to achieve maximum bond strength.
- Dwell time (time that tape must be in contact with both surfaces before it reaches maximum adhesion) is 1 to 24 hours.
- Commonly used in applications to join transparent material or where clear or colorless tape is preferred
- Used for Structural and general bonding including body panels, emblems, illuminated displays and signage
- Used as a mounting tape in the illuminated sign industry, for fabricating road signs, joining of metals and plastic trims in furniture construction and architectural applications.
- Provides solutions such as industrial joining and metal fabrication
- Replacing rivets, spot welds, liquid adhesives and other permanent fasteners for transparent applications
- Mount backlit translucent signs
Adhesive: Ultra high bond acrylic
Carrier/Backing: Foamed acrylic
Release Liner: Red polyethylene film
Thickness: 19.7 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
Adhesion: 75.2 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
Tensile Strength: 100 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
Service/Operating Temperature: -40°F to 194°F
Short Term Temperature Resistance: up to 302°F
Dynamic Shear Strength: 78 pounds per square inch
Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: 3M 4905; Hi-Bond 4050C; ORABOND 3597.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.