Pipe Thread Seal Tape
WOD PTFE Pipe Thread Seal Tape is a multi-purpose non-adhesive thread sealing tape. PTFE is a 3.5 mil thick 100% virgin PTFE and comes in a labeled plastic spool. Comes in both standard and high density options. Used to lubricates joints, making them easy to assemble for a leak proof seal. Thread sealant Tape extends fatigue life of sealed connections and eliminates system contamination common with messy liquid and paste sealants. Also referred to as "Ribbon Dope" tape.
- Pipe threads For all industrial applications including: water, oil, gas, most chemicals, hydraulic and high pressure lines.
- ideal for General and Specialty Plumbing, Industrial Supply Houses, Laboratory and Scientific, OEM and MRO
- Self-Fusing for wrapping
- Adhesive: N/A
- Carrier/Backing: Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) film
- Thickness: 3.5 Mils (carrier)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -450°F to 500°F
- Elongation: 50%
- Density (standard): 0.26 gm/cm3
- Density (high): 0.31 gm/cm3
- Tensile Strength (standard): 6.8 N/m2
- Tensile Strength (high): 9.9 N/m2
- Specification Met: Mil Spec T-27730A; UL31 RO
Alternative to: 3M 48 and 547.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.