Kapton Polyimide Film Tapes
WOD PKT1 Kapton™ Polyimide Film Tape is a 1 mil electrical grade Kapton alternative POLYIMIDE film coated with a high performance silicone adhesive. It is a wave solder/hot air leveling tape used to protect gold contacts on printed circuit boards from molten solder during hot air wave solder leveling process. It is thin and conformable, with outstanding tear and abrasion resistance at elevated temperatures. Adhesive will thermoset to increase adhesion values.
WOD PKT1 Leaves minimal residue when removed after manufacturing process; reduces clean-up time and minimizes rejects. Permits observation of board during processing. Kapton Electrical Grade/Printed Circuit Polyimide Film Tape has excellent resistance to acids, oils, solvents, aging, staining and water immersion.
The Adhesive Employs a proprietary technology that results in extremely low electrostatic discharge at unwind and removal from the PWB. Conventional polyimide tapes can typically generate over 10,000 volts during use which can damage board mounted electronic components. WOD tape PKT1 overcomes this problem without any of the typical drawbacks of conventional "anti-static" or "static-free" tapes (e.g., variable adhesion and opaqueness).
- Primarily used in electrical insulation and gold finger protection.
- Protects gold tabs in circuit boards during soldering.
- Protects surfaces helping reduce replacement parts
- Used in electrical applications such as harness/coil wraps & separators, transformers & slot liners where good insulation & heat resistance are required.
- Adhesive: High performance silicone
- Carrier/Backing: Electrical grade polyimide film
- Thickness: 2.6 mils (carrier, adhesive)
- Adhesion: 23.8 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: > 20.6 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Dielectric Strength: > 4,000 volts
- Elongation: > 30%
- Service/Operating Temperature: 14°F to 392°F
- Specification Met: MIL-P-46112B; UL510 approved for flame retardance
- Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: Dielectric Polymer NT-590; Permacel P-221; 3M 5419, 5433; Shurtape 6325-01; Scapa 557; St. Gobain/Furon 2345-1; Dewal 304-1; Ideal 9321, IT-7170; TLC CT961; Specialty Tapes S2210; Lanmar 595-1; Chemfab 360-1S; Tesa 4428.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.