Double Sided Polyester Tape With Differential Adhesion
WOD DCDA24A Double Coated Removable/Permanent Tape is a clear polyester film differentially coated with a removable (low tack) and permanent (high tack) acrylic adhesive. The liner side (the tape exposed once you remove the liner) is coated with a controlled, low tack, clear adhesive system which exhibits moderate adhesion to a variety of surfaces, but has excellent removability. The exposed side (the tape visible once you unwind it from the roll) is coated with an aggressive, high tack, peel, and shear, permanent acrylic adhesive. Both adhesives are excellent in low and moderate temperatures and are resistant to UV, moisture, some solvents, mild acids, oil, and grease. Excellent adhesion to metals, glass, films, paper, and some treated polyolefin.
WOD DCDA24A double-sided removable/permanent tape is used as a closure system for reclosable bags, pouches & envelopes; core start-ups and end tabbing of papers, foils and films; mounting promotional, advertising & point of purchase displays that can easily be removed / replaced / repositioned; temporary holding of packaging and protective materials during shipment; temporary laminating applications; making removable stickers & labels. This tape performs best on non-porous surfaces, such as paper. However, it will also remove cleanly from many porous surfaces, such as non-woven. Testing is strongly recommended. Also approved for Indirect Food Contact (21CFR 175.105). Made in the U.S.
- Used as a closure system for reclosable bags, pouches & envelopes
- Used as core start-ups and end tabbing of papers, foils, and films
- The acrylic-mass system has different adhesion values on each side, making WOD 3106RP especially suited as closure system even for thin film bags.
- For Mounting in the lithography industry, and light weight parts
- For temporary laminating applications, and making removable stickers & labels.
- Adhesive: Solvent-based acrylic adhesive
- Carrier/Backing: Polyester (PET) film
- Release Liner: Siliconized Kraft paper
- Thickness: 2.3 mils (carrier, adhesive)
- Adhesion (Exposed Side): 40 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Adhesion (Liner Side): 16 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 7.5 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -40°F to 250°F
- Application Temperature: 50°F (minimum)
- Specification Met: FDA Title 21 Part 175 Subpart B Section 175.105
- Core: 3" Diameter
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.