Safety Grade Glow in the Dark Photoluminescent Tape
WOD PGD-24 Glow in the Dark Tape is a flexible polyester laminated photoluminescent film tape with a permanent adhesive on one side. The photoluminescent pigments absorb and store energy from normal, ambient light. In sudden darkness the tape is immediately visible. The tape provides a non-electric safety marking system that easily and inexpensively affixes to walls, handrails, columns, around door frames, and along stairways and baseboards (provides visibility during an emergency). It is wound on a liner for easy handling. Also used for identification of critical equipment controls, exit and directional signage (especially for escape routes and stairways), light switch covers, labels, decals, novelties, sporting goods, trims and special effects. Used in hotels, hospitals, schools, public facilities, office buildings and manufacturing plants.
WOD Glow in the Dark Tape is fully charged within 30 minutes after exposure to either artificial or natural light and glows brightest the first 15 to 30 minutes after activation has ceased, but will remain clearly visible in a totally dark room to the night-adjusted eye for up to 24 hours (to the night-adjusted eye it is visible, but it would not compare it brightness to say a standard flashlight). It also recharges. In its uncharged state the tape has a white/cream color and when glowing the tape has a luminescent lime green color. The tape has excellent UV stability and does not show significant degradation when used outdoors. The luminescent system used is non-radioactive and non-toxic. The tape is offset, screen, flexo, and thermo transfer printable. Adhesive has a 24 hour dwell time.
Tape clearly labels safety equipment and provides a safe, illuminated path through stairwells, halls, rooms, and other potentially hazardous areas. Simple and inexpensive to install: position, peel off backing, and adhere. This safety system requires virtually no maintenance.
- Used for identification of critical equipment controls, light switch covers, exit and directional signage
- Used for directional signage escape routes and stairways.
- For places where people need a safe, reliable, high and low-level egress pathway in case of an emergency, such as sudden power outages or the spread of smoke.
- Used for labels, decals, novelties, sporting goods, trims, and special effects
- Adhesive: Solvent based Acrylic How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: laminated photoluminescent polyester film
- Release Liner: poly coated paper
- Thickness: 11 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion: 72 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 30 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Application Temperature: 50°F (minimum)
- Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: Jessup 7550, 7650..
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.