Lead Foil Tape with Synthetic Rubber Adhesive
WOD LF-5R Lead Foil Tape is a 100% pure lead foil tape with a rubber based adhesive system which exhibits excellent adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces; especially to metal, glass, films, foils, and papers. Highly malleable and can be shaped to the most intricate patterns. Used for stop off masking during electroplating; to add weight to golf clubs and tennis racquets; and also used as an electromagnetic and radio frequency shield. Comes on a paper release liner.
- Used for adding weight to tennis racquets and gold clubs
- Used for sealing double-paned windows
- Radiation barrier, x-ray shielding
- Masking x-ray plates, electroplating, and chemical milling
- Decorative leaded windows.
- Adhesive: Acrylic How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: Lead foil
- Release Liner: Paper
- Thickness: 6 mils (carrier) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion: 60 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 18 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: 40°F to 180°F
- Elongation: 15%
- Specification Met: Fed. Spec HH-T-29, Amendment 2.
- Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: 3M 34201 & 420; Lamart 245L; 245L-R.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.