Oralite DOT-C2 Retroreflective Conspicuity Tape
REF DOT-C2 Daybright Microprismatic Conspicuity Tape is a DOT-compliant prismatic conspicuity tape with 5-year or 10 year durability used for commercial truck and trailer marking. Oralite is the Oracal Group's new brand name for Reflexite. The tape is a tough weather and solvent resistant (including petrol and diesel) product designed for rugged outdoor use on the sides and rear of trucks, trailers, tankers, dump trucks, tow trucks, pick up beds, and other types of work trucks and mobile industrial equipment. Comes with the DOT-C2 certification mark as per NHTSA 49 CFR 571.108 and it is composed of cube corner (microprism) retroreflective elements integrally bonded to a flexible, smooth-surfaced, tough and weather-resistant UV stabilized polyester film. The prism surfaces are coated with a vacuum deposition of aluminum to provide a mirror surface to the prism facets. The resulting tape is not more than 0.008 inch thick and comes with an aggressive high-tack pressure sensitive adhesive that is designed for application to bare and painted metals, fiberglass, structural composite materials and more. It resists edge lift due to repeated mechanical and hand washing.
DOT-C2 Conspicuity Tape is manufactured by the Orafol Group and rolls are typically cut from 30-inch log rolls so will ship on a plain neutral core (or an ISC Racers Tape branded core). This comes in an alternating 6 inch red / 6 inch or 11 inch (red) / 7 inch (white) white triangle design pattern (please see Oralite V52 for the diamond plate design). The tape is intended for application to medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles including towing and recovery vehicles and a great variety of vocational work trucks, including but not limited to construction vehicles, refuse haulers, step vans, utility trucks, tank trucks, auto carriers and more. V92 Daybright improves vehicle visibility from a variety of angles at night and in conditions of poor visibility, giving motorists increased reaction time. Because the product is thin and flexible, it can be easily applied to flat and curved surfaces. Also maintains reflectivity after impact. White lines in pattern give it maximum daytime visibility.
- Oralite® Visibly BetterTM Retroreflective conspicuity material is a tough weather and solvent resistant product designed for rugged outdoor use on the sides and rear of trucks, trailers, automobiles, and emergency vehicles to enhance safety on the roadway by improving their visibility.
- Durability [ 5-year or 10-year warranty] Withstands Brushing off of dirt and grime, and high pressure washing. Polyester based film resists cracking & lifting. Will retain reflectivity even after impact against loading dock or abrasion by chains.
- Unique, Single-ply construction ensures impact and abrasion resistance and easy application.
- 0.008" Thickness resists dirt accumulation typical of competitor's thicker (0.025"), open-cell construction. The Material is extremely thin so there are no raised edges that can catch and tear.
- Unlike competing conspicuity materials, Reflexite conspicuity material features 100% adhesion, with no grid lines that can fill with water and cause premature adhesive failure.
- Super-high brightness & wide angularity: 10-year pattern Typically 1000 candlepower with tremendous long sight distance performance; reflects at all applicable angles on the roadway.
NHTSA conspicuity regulations (effective 12/1/93) mandate that all new trailers - 10,000 lbs GVW and 80" wide or larger, must be reflectorized with alternating red & white retroreflective sheeting on the sides, bottom of rear door, and ICC bar; and two pieces of white sheeting on the upper corners of the rear. Application Temperature: minimum 50°F.
Adhesive: Acrylic How are adhesives different?
Carrier/Backing: Fully metalized, UV stabilized polyester film
Release Liner: paper
Thickness: 8 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
Application Temperature: 50°F (minimum)
Specification Met: ASTM D4956; LS300C; FP92; ASTM D523; ASTM E810; NHTSA 49 CFR, Part 571; DOT-C2 (applicable to 2" only); FMVSS 108; complies with European RoHS directive 2002/95/EC
Core: 3" Diameter
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.