Double Sided Clear Ultra High Bond Tape
WOD DCUHB25 Ultra High Bond Double Coated Tape is constructed of a clear foamed acrylic polymer system which has excellent all around bonding properties which establishes exceptional holding power and long-lasting adhesion for fast, strong results. The tape is ideal for structural bonding applications to mount/fix car side molding and emblems. Used as a mounting tape in the illuminated sign industry, for fabricating road signs, joining of metals and plastic trims in furniture construction and architectural applications. The pressure sensitive acrylic polymer composition has very good tack; has excellent adhesion to a variety of surfaces; and has high shear strength performance. Tape is carried on a white, release coated polyethylene liner that is easily removed. It conforms well to a variety of both indoor and outdoor applications and is chemical, UV and solvent resistant.
WOD DCUHB25 Tape will bond to most surfaces including many plastics, composites, sealed woods and metals; however thorough evaluation is recommended when bonding to low energy surface material such as Polyethylene, Polypropylene, silicones and Teflon. For lower energy surfaces may need to use an adhesive promoter/primer such as IPA (isopropanol) on the substrate prior to application.
WOD Acrylic Tape DCUHB25, system has been skillfully engineered to provide a strong, moistureproof bond between various substrates providing a balance of conformability and strength, commonly used for the attachment of automotive exterior trim parts such as body side moldings. The acrylic core has unique viscoelastic properties that allow it to elongate and relax when put under a load, thereby minimizing stress on the adhesive bond line. This tape has a liner side adhesive for bonding to automotive paint surfaces, and a non-liner side adhesive for bonding to exterior trim parts. Since product performance will depend on actual conditions within a specific application, it is essential that the user evaluate the product to determine whether it is fit for a particular material purpose and suitable for the user's method of application.
WOD UHB25 Tape can withstand the heat of Dubai to the cold of Canada. The unique acrylic chemistry is extremely durable and resistant to change over time, making this a long-lasting and powerful tape you can trust. This trusted and reliable tape offers a consistent bond, outstanding durability and excellent solvent and moisture resistance. WOD stands by all of its products and is there to provide you with design guidance and technical support when you need it.
- After removing release liner, be careful not to contaminate acrylic adhesive. Immediately bond tape to surface without trapping air between the tape and the surface.
- Application pressure should be a minimum of 15 pounds per inch of tape width to achieve maximum bond strength.
- Dwell time (time that tape must be in contact with both surfaces before it reaches maximum adhesion) is 1 to 24 hours.
- Commonly used in applications to join transparent material or where clear or colorless tape is preferred
- Used in attachment of dissimilar surfaces.
- For furniture/appliance manufacturing, RV skin to frame assembly
- Used for auto and truck trim attachment; in aviation, marine, electronics, furniture, signage & appliance industries.
- For structural assembly, used primarily in transportation industry, automotive, truck, trailer & bus, OEM & aftermarket, as it isolates and dampens vibration and shock.
- Used as a mounting tape in the illuminated sign industry, for fabricating road signs, joining of metals and plastic trims in furniture construction and architectural applications.
- Used for Structural and general bonding including body panels, emblems, illuminated displays and signage
- Replacing rivets, spot welds, liquid adhesives and other permanent fasteners
- For bonding/seaming metal in electrical panels and HVAC units
- Bonding flexible printed circuits (FPC) to aluminum stiffener or heat sinks
Adhesive: Ultra high bond acrylic polymer
Carrier/Backing: Solid acrylic polymer
Release Liner: White polyethylene film
Thickness: 25 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
Adhesion: 240 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
Tensile Strength: 200 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
Service/Operating Temperature: -30°F to 200°F
Density: 62.5 pounds per cubic foot
Dynamic Shear Strength: 90 pounds per square inch
Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: 3M 4925, 4929, 4930, 4936; ADCO AT-3125-457A; SCAPA S5300A; Hi-Bond VST-6025G.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.