WOD DCFAUHB60E Ultra High Bond Double Coated Tape is constructed of a grey foamed acrylic system which has excellent all around bonding properties which allows for very high performance in the most demanding of applications. Ideal for structural bonding applications in the transportation industry. Used in automotive aftercare market and in body shops for crash repair as well as mounting/fixing car side molding and emblems. The pressure sensitive acrylic composition has very good tack; has excellent adhesion to a variety of surfaces; and has high shear strength performance. Tape is carried on a red, release coated polyethylene liner that is easily removed. It conforms well to a variety of both indoor and outdoor applications and is chemical, UV and solvent resistant.
WOD DCFAUHB60E Tape will bond to most surfaces including many plastics, composites, sealed woods and metals; however thorough evaluation is recommended when bonding to low energy surface material such as Polyethylene, Polypropylene, silicones and Teflon. For lower energy surfaces may need to use an adhesive promoter/primer such as IPA (isopropanol) on the substrate prior to application.
WOD Acrylic Foam Tape DCFAUHB60E, is a gray medium density foam tape providing a balance of conformability and strength, commonly used for the attachment of automotive exterior trim parts such as body side moldings. The acrylic foam core has unique viscoelastic properties that allow it to elongate and relax when put under a load, thereby minimizing stress on the adhesive bond line. This tape has a liner side adhesive for bonding to automotive paint surfaces, and a non-liner side adhesive for bonding to exterior trim parts. Since product performance will depend on actual conditions within a specific application, it is essential that the user evaluate the product to determine whether it is fit for a particular material purpose and suitable for the user's method of application.
WOD UHB Tape can withstand the heat of Dubai to the cold of Canada. The unique acrylic chemistry is extremely durable and resistant to change over time, making this a long-lasting and powerful tape you can trust. It is specifically designed for good adhesion to metals, glass and other medium to high surface energy materials.
- After removing release liner, be careful not to contaminate acrylic adhesive. Immediately bond tape to surface without trapping air between the tape and the surface.
- Application pressure should be a minimum of 15 pounds per inch of tape width to achieve maximum bond strength.
- Dwell time (time that tape must be in contact with both surfaces before it reaches maximum adhesion) is 1 to 24 hours.
- Commonly used in applications across a variety of markets including transportation, appliance, electronics, construction, sign and display and general industrial
- For stiffener bonding, sealing polycarbonate lens over LCD, windows to painted control panels and mounting vinyl wiring ducts and conduit channels.
- Used for attaching roof ditch moldings, wheel flares, appliques, and body side molding
- Mounting, bonding and sealing of illuminated displays, signage, laminated safety glass, shower screens and glass displays.
- Used in the automotive aftermarket industry, in body shops for crash repair, mounting/fixing car side molding and emblems.
- Ideal for structural bonding applications in the transportation industry
- Great for Cost-Effective Attachment of Trim and Moldings
- Used as a mounting tape in the illuminated sign industry, for fabricating road signs, joining of metals and plastic trims in furniture construction and architectural applications.
- Replacing rivets, spot welds, liquid adhesives and other permanent fasteners
- Ideal for applications requiring conformability and where thermal expansion differences are of concern.
- Designed for Attaching a Range of Trim and Components to Rigid Clear Coat Systems
- Suitable for use with attaching plastic snow guards to metal roofs.
- Skyscrapers, cell phones, electronic highway signs, refrigerators, architectural windows and more all rely on this specialty bonding tape for one or more steps in the assembly, mounting, fastening and sealing process.
Adhesive: Ultra high bond acrylic
Carrier/Backing: Foamed acrylic
Release Liner: Red polyethylene film
Thickness: 59.1 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
Adhesion: 139.2 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
Tensile Strength: 78 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
Service/Operating Temperature: -40°F to 212°F
Short Term Temperature Resistance: up to 320°F
Dynamic Shear Strength: 78 pounds per square inch
Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: 3M 4956, 4979F, 5356, 5567 5962; ADCO 4655, 4956; Hi-Bond 6150G; ORABOND 3603.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.