Double Sided White Foam Ultra High Bond Tape
WOD DCFAUHB45W Ultra High Bond Double Coated Tape is constructed of a white foamed acrylic system which has excellent all around bonding properties which allows for very high performance in the most demanding of applications. Ideal for structural bonding applications in the transportation industry. Also used to bond plastic and wooden window glazing bars and to fix architectural cladding panels. The pressure sensitive acrylic composition has very good tack; has excellent adhesion to a variety of surfaces; and has high shear strength performance. Tape is carried on a red, release coated polyethylene liner that is easily removed.
WOD DCFAUHB45W Tape will bond to most surfaces including many plastics, composites, sealed woods and metals; however thorough evaluation is recommended when bonding to low energy surface material such as Polyethylene, Polypropylene, silicones and Teflon. For lower energy surfaces may need to use an adhesive promoter/primer such as IPA (isopropanol) on the substrate prior to application.
WOD Acrylic Foam Tape DCFAUHB45W, is a White medium density foam tape providing a balance of conformability and strength, commonly used for the attachment of automotive exterior trim parts such as body side moldings. The acrylic foam core has unique viscoelastic properties that allow it to elongate and relax when put under a load, thereby minimizing stress on the adhesive bond line. This tape has a liner side adhesive for bonding to automotive paint surfaces, and a non-liner side adhesive for bonding to exterior trim parts. Since product performance will depend on actual conditions within a specific application, it is essential that the user evaluate the product to determine whether it is fit for a particular material purpose and suitable for the user's method of application.
- After removing release liner, be careful not to contaminate acrylic adhesive. Immediately bond tape to surface without trapping air between the tape and the surface.
- Application pressure should be a minimum of 15 pounds per inch of tape width to achieve maximum bond strength.
- Dwell time (time that tape must be in contact with both surfaces before it reaches maximum adhesion) is 1 to 24 hours.
- Commonly used in applications across a variety of markets including transportation, appliance, electronics, construction, sign and display and general industrial
- Used for attaching roof ditch moldings, wheel flares, appliques, and body side molding
- Mounting, bonding and sealing of illuminated displays, signage, laminated safety glass, shower screens and glass displays.
- Bonding of plastic & wooden window glazing bars, fixing architectural cladding panels.
- Ideal for structural bonding applications in the transportation industry
- Great for Cost-Effective Attachment of Trim and Moldings
- Used as a mounting tape in the illuminated sign industry, for fabricating road signs, joining of metals and plastic trims in furniture construction and architectural applications.
- Designed for High Adhesion to a Range of Automotive, motorcycles, bikes, Powersports, RVs, Buses, and Trailers Surfaces
- Replacing rivets, spot welds, liquid adhesives and other permanent fasteners
- Ideal for applications requiring conformability and where thermal expansion differences are of concern.
- Designed for Attaching a Range of Trim and Components to Rigid Clear Coat Systems
- Suitable for use with attaching plastic snow guards to metal roofs.
Adhesive: Ultra high bond acrylic
Carrier/Backing: Foamed acrylic
Release Liner: Red polyethylene film
Thickness: 43.3 mils (carrier, adhesive)
Adhesion: 161.6 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
Tensile Strength: 141 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
Service/Operating Temperature: -40°F to 212°F
Short Term Temperature Resistance: up to 320°F
Dynamic Shear Strength: 81 pounds per square inch
Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: 3M 4622, 4945, 4946, 4950; Hi-Bond 4110W; ORABOND 3601.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.