Double Sided Gray Foam Ultra High Bond Tape
WOD DCFAUHB31E Ultra High Bond Double Coated Tape is constructed of a gray foamed acrylic system which has excellent all around bonding properties which establishes exceptional holding power and long-lasting adhesion for fast, strong results. The tape is ideal for structural bonding applications to mount/fix car side molding and emblems. Used as a mounting tape in the illuminated sign industry, for fabricating road signs, joining of metals and plastic trims in furniture construction and architectural applications. The pressure sensitive acrylic composition has very good tack; has excellent adhesion to a variety of surfaces; and has high shear strength performance. Tape is carried on a red, release coated polyethylene liner that is easily removed. It conforms well to a variety of both indoor and outdoor applications and is chemical, UV and solvent resistant.
WOD DCFAUHB31E Tape will bond to most surfaces including many plastics, composites, sealed woods and metals; however thorough evaluation is recommended when bonding to low energy surface material such as Polyethylene, Polypropylene, silicones and Teflon. For lower energy surfaces may need to use an adhesive promoter/primer such as IPA (isopropanol) on the substrate prior to application.
Our WOD Acrylic Foam Tape DCFAUHB31E is ideal for durable, consistent attachment of lighter moldings, trims, nameplates and emblems to automotive surfaces. This OEM attachment tape is built on a core of viscoelastic medium-density acrylic foam that provides a blend of strength and conformability for a flush, professional appearance. Our pressure sensitive adhesive is applied to both sides of the foam core for a combination of high peel performance and cost-effectiveness. It is formulated for a variety of automotive substrates including plastics as well as painted surfaces. A red liner provides easy one-piece release for efficient application.
- After removing release liner, be careful not to contaminate acrylic adhesive. Immediately bond tape to surface without trapping air between the tape and the surface.
- Application pressure should be a minimum of 15 pounds per inch of tape width to achieve maximum bond strength.
- Dwell time (time that tape must be in contact with both surfaces before it reaches maximum adhesion) is 1 to 24 hours.
- Commonly used in applications across a variety of markets including transportation, appliance, electronics, construction, sign and display and general industrial
- Bonding of metal furniture, cabinets, lockers, plastic extrusion fixing.
- Great for Cost-Effective Attachment of Lightweight Trim and Moldings
- Used as a mounting tape in the illuminated sign industry, for fabricating road signs, joining of metals and plastic trims in furniture construction and architectural applications.
- Designed for High Adhesion to a Range of Automotive Surfaces
- Replacing rivets, spot welds, liquid adhesives and other permanent fasteners
- Ideal for applications requiring conformability and where thermal expansion differences are of concern.
- Designed for Attaching a Range of Trim and Components to Rigid Clear Coat Systems
Adhesive: Ultra high bond acrylic
Carrier/Backing: Foamed acrylic
Release Liner: Red polyethylene film
Thickness: 31.5 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
Adhesion: 132.8 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
Tensile Strength: 92 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
Service/Operating Temperature: -40°F to 212°F
Short Term Temperature Resistance: up to 320°F
Dynamic Shear Strength: 92 pounds per square inch
Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: 3M 5314, 4214, 5345, 5665; ADCO AT-6030; Hi-Bond 6080G; ORABOND 3598.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.