General Purpose Adhesive Transfer Tape
WOD ATT78A Adhesive Transfer Tape is an unsupported (it does not have a backing and is only adhesive) acrylic adhesive transfer film tape on a siliconized paper liner. Please note the tape is not reverse wound or on a 1" core like an ATG tape so does not require an ATG dispenser to apply it (please note that it will not fit or work in an ATG dispenser for these reasons). WOD ATT78A's glass stabilization allows for lathe slitting and cleaner unwinding. Its thick adhesive coating coupled with high quick tack and good shear strength makes this the best choice for more demanding bonding/joining applications, especially for textured, rough surfaces. If application involves laser cutting a transfer tape such as WOD ATT78A is preferred since unlike a PVC film tape it won't give off chlorine gas when burned. Used for core starting, splicing of papers, films, metals, and other webs. Tape is also suitable as a laminating adhesive for foams or fabrics. Manufacturer states this transfer tape is acid neutral based on lab tests; however, there is no standardized test for pH for materials not soluble in water and this transfer tape is not soluble in water.
- For more demanding bonding/joining applications, especially for textured, rough surfaces.
- Point-of-purchase displays and signs
- For mounting, holding, joining and splicing various substrates, including paper, cardboard, textiles, plastics, leather, wood, glass and painted surfaces
- For use on displays, POS, posters, and more
- For splicing paper and filmic webs, particularly flying splices
- For use as a laminating adhesive for foams or fabrics
- Used for core starting, splicing of papers, films, metals and other webs.
Adhesive: Solvent based modified acrylic How are adhesives different?
Release Liner: Brown siliconized paper
Thickness: 4.7 mil (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
Adhesion: 1 minute: 78 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel) / 24 hours: 105 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
Service/Operating Temperature: -22°F to 230°F
Short Term Temperature Resistance: up to 284°F
Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to Scapa U261; Shurtape TA-499; Tesa 4988; 3M 468, 950; Achem AT505A; Arclad 7335, 7511.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.