General Purpose Adhesive Transfer Tape
WOD ATT50A Adhesive Transfer Tape is an unsupported (it does not have a backing and is only adhesive) acrylic adhesive transfer film tape on a siliconized paper liner. Please note the tape is not reverse wound or on a 1" core like an ATG tape so does not require an ATG dispenser to apply it (please note that it will not fit or work in an ATG dispenser for these reasons). The tape is excellent for die cutting. Its glass stabilization also allows for lathe slitting and cleaner unwinding. High quick tack and good shear strength makes this the best choice for more demanding bonding/joining applications. Used for core starting, splicing of papers, films, metals and other webs. Can be used as a laminating adhesive for foams or fabrics. Manufacturer states this transfer tape is acid neutral based on lab tests; however, there is no standardized test for pH for materials not soluble in water and this transfer tape is not soluble in water.
- Point-of-purchase displays and signs
- For mounting, holding, joining and splicing various substrates, including paper, cardboard, textiles, plastics, leather, wood, glass and painted surfaces
- For use on displays, POS, posters, and more
- For splicing paper and filmic webs, particularly flying splices
- For use as a laminating adhesive for foams or fabrics
- Used for core starting, splicing of papers, films, metals and other webs.
Adhesive: Solvent based modified acrylic How are adhesives different?
Release Liner: Brown siliconized paper
Thickness: 2 mil (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
Adhesion: 1 minute: 50 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel) / 24 hours: 69 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
Service/Operating Temperature: -22°F to 230°F
Short Term Temperature Resistance: up to 284°F
Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to IPG 8120; Permacel 593; Tesa 4985; Venture 3802; 3M 924; Scapa U-263-1; Specialty Tape D991
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.