Premium Grade Aluminum Foil Tape with Liner
WOD AFT48SW Aluminum Foil Tape is coated with a pressure-sensitive solvent-based acrylic adhesive (underside of tape looks like uncolored silver aluminum foil). The tape comes on a white paper release liner. The tape features a malleable foil which conforms well to irregular and curves surfaces. Its aggressive adhesive provides quick, positive grab. High reflectivity assures effective heat, light interference, and electrical insulation shielding.
WOD AFT48SW is an all-weather general purpose used in fiberglass duct board systems (on seams and joints to maintain the integrity of the vapor barrier) and on FSK systems. Tape performs well at both low and elevated temperatures and is flame retardant. Used in the construction industry for joining elastomeric insulation systems.
The surface to which the tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of any grease or oil. This linerless product saves time and labor in stripping of release liner and produces less waste.
- For heat reflection and dissipation
- Masking in paint stripping, and electroplating
- Used for vapor barrier protection and waterproof sealing
- Uses include general repair, sealing hot and cold air ducts (excellent HVAC tape), duct insulation systems, sealing aluminum, stainless and plastic seams / joints, temporary repair of metal surfaces, and copper pipe fixing
- Used for waterproofing, vapor barrier and air leakage protection, metal patching and sound dampening, as a sealing system in refrigerated appliances and microwave ovens.
- If you're planning on attending Burning Man, you should know that you can use WOD AFT48SW aluminum foil tape to cover over and seal the seams of your Hexayurt shelter. It can withstand high winds, temperature swings, sandstorms and physical abuse.
Adhesive: solvent-based acrylic
Carrier/Backing: Aluminum Foil
Thickness: 3 mils (carrier, adhesive)
Adhesion: 40 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
Tensile Strength: 36 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
Service/Operating Temperature: -58°F to 302°F
Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: 3M 425 & 34383; Permacel P-14; Lamart 213M; Polyken 345; Shurtape AF-75; Scapa T3612; Ideal 489.
Note: Items can be custom converted to your needs. Call or E-mail us now for Details!
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.